“Bespoke” and “Handcrafted” have become two of the most misused terms in modern-day fashion (and in marketing altogether). But the menswear Yen creates is the epitome of both.
Working in close consultation with every client, Yen may devote up to 100 hours toward completing a suit, most of it constructed by hand — to ensure the best possible fit, peerless durability, and a true one-of-a-kind end product.
Bespoke Service Includes
– Meet one-on-one with Yen, at the client’s location of choice, to take measurements and style the garment. Hundreds of combinations of cloth and special details are available.
– Meet for a fitting after the first stage of construction. Any necessary alternations will be made, and the garment will then be taken apart and prepared for a second fitting.
– Meet for the second fitting, at which time further adjustments and customizations may be determined. A third fitting may be required before the final product is delivered.
The process, from consultation to final fitting, is approximately 8 weeks. While this is a longer turnaround period than at retail outlets and most tailor shops, it is the “price” of true traditional tailoring and absolutely no corner-cutting.
These garments are made to last a lifetime and to look like no other.
Made to Measure
“Made to Measure”, a more affordable alternative to bespoke that still offers excellent quality and customization. As with bespoke service, the design consultation, the fitting, and the garments’ finishing details are done personally by Yen. However, primary construction takes place at Duly Equipped’s exclusive manufacturer in Montreal — one of the best practitioners of its kind in Canada. Usually only one fitting is performed, although a second will be done where necessary. Turnaround, from consultation to delivery, is usually 4 to 6 weeks.
Made to Measure Service Includes
– Single breasted*
– Single button
– Peak lapel
– Patch chest pocket
– Ticket pocket
– Surgeon’s cuff (Notch lapel style optional)
– All ranges of cloth available
– ALL FINISHING BY HAND
– Milanese lapel buttonhole
– Contrast topstitching
– Contrast buttonholes
– Basic tailoring/alteration
*Double-breasted option available